This pack includes a fully functional ambient/bounce lighting system meant as a cheap replacement for point lights, offering the same look at fraction of the cost. It offers a good cheap way for designers/artists to light out their environments and add some good ambient/bounce lighting using a system that works very much like regular point lights without some of the issues and performance costs point lights bring with them. It provides designers with regular cheap ambient lights as well as lights that capture the environment around them acting as true dynamic light probes.
- Ambient Lights can overlap as many times as needed with zero additional performance costs.
- Ambient Lights can be any size and effect extremely large areas or very heavily detailed areas with zero additional costs.
- Ambient Lights are fully dynamic and can be updated in real time in game.
- Unlike point lights, the ambient lights will not create bright points in reflections.
- Built in tools allow designers to automatically replace point light actors with Ambient Lights, automatically copying all settings over.
- Ambient Lights also support ambient occlusion and subsurface scattering.
- Ambient lights properly occlude and only render while on screen.
- Lights provide the ability to toggle to a lower quality light mode when far away making the lights cost around half as much while in the distance.
- GI features dynamically capture environment around them as well as color hue settings for full customization.
- Full performance tweaking for GI features.
- Work with ambient lights exactly like you would unshadowed point lights
- Ambient Lights look nearly identical to regular point lights at a much cheaper cost
- Lights offer High/Low Quality settings, Low Quality cuts the cost nearly in half
- Built in tool that allows designers to replace regular point lights with ambient lights automatically
- Lighting system has built in GI features that can be enabled/disabled per light
Number of Blueprints: 3
Material Instances: 33
Material Function: 1
Supported Development Platforms: (Windows)
Supported Target Build Platforms: (Windows)