This is the old rope system – a new plugin version is available.
This product contains numerous meshes. These can be used with either the blueprint system or the newer C++ plugin version:
This product contains a blueprint system to simulate cable like objects, it comes with the following:
- Physics simulations,
- Destruction (can be cut at run-time),
- Custom meshes (use own or ones provided) – simply drag and drop,
- Attached meshes can be swung like wrecking balls,
- Bracket system holds spline in place at specified locations,
- Material overrides via blueprint,
- Vertex painting (reduce tiling effect),
- Configurable length and curvature,
- Taper width along spline length,
- Supports sound for movement and cutting,
- Spawn emitters on cut,
- Many pre-configured ropes, cables and pipes (available in overview map as actor instances).
Contains (Demonstration content not included):
- 69 meshes,
- 1 Skeletal Mesh,
- 6 blueprints),
- Many materials.
Blueprints Nativized: No
Network Replicated: No
Supported Development Platforms/Target Build Platforms: Win64, Win32
Important notes – Please read:
- This product is performance intensive. Only intended for high end gaming platforms.
- Please back up your work and test this product, ensuring that it meets your standards of quality and reliability before incorporating it into important projects.
- This product is a rope system. It can be used to make more complex systems such as puzzles, traps and ETC – these more complex systems lie outside the scope of this product listing. Such complex systems are shown in promotional videos to demonstrate the potential use of the rope system. Tutorial content pertaining to expanded capabilities are meant to function as a starting point for customer implementation and further development.
- I will provide support within the scope of the Rope Cutting blueprint’s stated functionality. I am willing to assist with attempts to extend functionality but any such additional support will be offered solely at my discretion.
- Not intended for use simulating chains
- Previous engine versions available due to request (4.24 onwards), however only the current engine version will receive the latest content and improvements