The FX demonstration:
https://youtu.be/YWnuyjfkzLw (time-codes in the video description)
Open level called scene_01 to review the effects placed on the level.
The pack consist of several types of effects
- Sphere fx – spherical discharges
- Attack fx (large, medium, small) – discharge strike effect. All effects of this kind have a master effect and a version with each element placed inside of a separate fx.
P_Strike_01_lrg – master effect (contains all elements)
P_Impact_Strike_01_lrg – Separate impact element
P_Muzzle_Strike_01_lrg – Separate muzzle flash element
P_Core_Strike_01_lrg – Separate strike element
P_Core_Strike_02_lrg – Separate strike element, v02
- Attack Loop fx (large, medium, small) – same as above but with looped animation.
- Electrical aura fx – electrical strikes revolving around the character or any other element
- Electrical fence fx – linear electrical elements, can be used as a fence
- Lightning Loop fx – lightning strike
Feel free to contact me if you have questions or issues.
FULL LIST OF effects:
These are the particle effects made inside cascade editor. The electrical strikes are mesh based, so they are 100% 3d, and can be viewed from any angle. The effects are optimized for real-time applications.
Type of Emitters: (CPU, GPU, MESH)
Number of Unique Effects: 24
Number of Materials: 10
Number of Textures: 11
Number of Unique Meshes: 15
Supported Development Platforms:
- Some of the effects contain lights inside the cascade editor. Please remove them if you don’t need the lights, you want to add them some other way, or if having lights is too expensive for your app
- All particle elements use instanced materials. If you need to change the color of the effect or turn off the flickering (strobing light), simply modify the instanced material parameters.
- Discharge strike effect has on only 3 sizes, if you want different sizes just scale the element or make the new one that consists from several effects