Source code is available on GitHub.
Content and Examples :
- gFur is free for non-commercial use
- Get a commercial license for single teams.
- Get a commercial license for publishers and multiple teams.
gFur PRO supports static meshes, skeletal meshes, animated morph targets and has an advaced shader that allows you to blend between two sets of fur strand thicknesses and fur tiling. Further, there is support for fur clumping, wind effect and the package contains a few more fur patterns and noise textures.
- upgraded to work with UE 5.1
- upgraded to work with UE 5.0
- open source, free for non-commercial use
- new option to switch gFur LODs based on LOD switching of the main mesh
- new shader option “Alpha Offset LOD amount” (helps to compensate lower layer count on LODs)
- new function “Regenerate gFur” which allows for changes in gFur in Runtime
- export spline dialogue now shows amount of generated fur strands for the native hair system
- bug fixes
- demo room
- advanced shader v2 with these enhacements:
– advanced color correction
– new (optional) AO algorithm
– enhanced rim lighting
– distance field collisions
– snow and dirt
- gFur shell generating component and gFur standard and advanced materials
- complete in-editor fur generation and grooming
- export of groom to UE native hair and fur
- Alembic import
- static mesh and skeletal mesh support
- animated morph target support
- custom depth support
- LODs with highly optimized toggleable physics
- shell bias (pushing the shells to outer regions where slicing is the most visible)
- noise for shell vertices along normal to break up the slicing (may be a stylistic choice)
- runs on non-dx 11 hw without physics
Note: Lion and elk from the other images are NOT part of the package.
To access the content (gFur shaders and sample map), go into the “Content Browser”, click on “View Options” and turn on “Show Engine Content” and “Show Plugin Content”. Now you should see a new folder called “GFur Content”.
Code Modules: (Please include a full list of each Plugin module and their module type (Runtime, Editor etc.))
- GFur – Runtime
- GFurEditor – Editor
Number of Blueprints: 0
Number of C++ Classes: 13
Network Replicated: No
Supported Development Platforms: Win32, Win64
Supported Target Build Platforms: Win64 (DX11 required), PS4, XboxOne