Ingame Date & Time is a plugin to enable working with a calendar/time system within your game world. You can use the standard calendar, or define your own calendar with custom named periods. For example, in a space game, you could create your own galactic calendar.
The system is suitable for any type of game with a persistent world. It’s also ideal as a way of driving graphical time-of-day systems, or other time dependent effects such as dynamic weather or seasonal appearance changes.
– Use built-in standard (Gregorian) calendar, or custom defined calendar.
– Specify times/durations using shorthand text input.
– Add/subtract time and duration values.
– No more scheduling of game events in terms of realtime seconds – work entirely within your game world time system.
– Create blueprint timers, and optionally attach any data to be passed to timer event handler.
– Flexible formatting options makes creating time and date UMG widgets very easy.
– Precise sun position calculation included for Gregorian calendar, taking into account latitude and longitude, ready to plug into a graphical time-of-day system.
– In-game clock respects game pause/time dilation, but can also be paused or modified independently.
– Easily save and load clock state as part of a save game object.
– Options for dynamically adjusting clock speed, or simulating passage of game-world time to reflect realtime passed since game was last saved.
– Network ready – clock runs on server with smoothed client-side ticking.
Network replicated: Yes
? IngameDateTime (Runtime)
? IngameDateTimeEditor (Editor)
Intended platforms: Windows, Android
Platforms tested: Windows, Android
Documentation included: Yes
Example project: Examples within plugin content