The new version will be released during August, 2021. We will keep this product in Unreal Marketplace until the new version is released.
Sales of this product will be discontinued from July 1, 2021, and the new version will be released through our website.
Jiffycrew Post Processs Line. This is not just an outliner.
While outliners only detect outlines of objects, Jiffycrew Post Process Line detects both outlines and rich interior feature lines of objects. To do so, it incorporates an advanced computer graphics feature line extraction technique introduced in the “Suggestive Contours for Conveying Shape” SIGGRAPH paper. The Suggestive Contour is a complex differential geometry mathematical definition to find view-dependent surface inflection points. We believe our Jiffycrew Post Process Line firstly introduces this technique to game industry as an Unreal Engine 4 implementation.
By incorporating this new line definition, this pack enables generating revolutionary line rendering images that provide an illusion of hand-drawing sketches by skilled artists.
Line-Augmented PBR: Rich Lines on top of PBR
Making an unique outlook is one very important aspect for successful game development. Imagine combining this rich line rendering technique with UE4’s PBR. We show such rendering examples above. Find how the rich lines provide unique artistic feeling on top of realistic shading.
Redesigned User Experience of Line Application Process
This asset pack provides extremely simplified line application method. Lines are applied by just one drag of JiffycrewLineManager. All the properties that affects to lines are controlled in the added actor.
- Outline detection and drawing (Silhouettes and creases)
- Interior feature line detection and drawing (Suggestive contours and highlights)
- Extremely simplified line application process by JiffycrewLineManager actor blueprint class
- Unified line property control in the manager actor
- Shape preservation with depth changes
- Two line blending modes (multiplication and linear blending)
- Line color control of each line types
- Line width control of each line types
- Line threshold control of each line types
- Scene rendering augmentation on/off control
- PP_JiffycrewPPLine: Master post process material
- MI_PP_JiffycrewPPLine_Black: Default post process material instance
- 10+ material functions to support line-related functionalities
- JiffycrewLineManager: Actor blueprint class to control line prope