The Orbit Camera System extends the Unreal Engine by a new Orbit Camera type and and Orbit Camera Manager. This will allow you to place multiple predefined OrbitCameras in your Scene with predefined Orbit behaviours like: Zoom range, Rotation limits, PointOfInterest / Focus Point, and more. The Cameras have dynamic Focus so you get amazing Depth of Fields effects by default.
The Manager then lets you switch between these Cameras with various different Options like: Black Fade, Blur Viewport or a nice Transition Rotating and moving. All these options can be customized via Curves. It also enables you to control a selected Camera (Rotate, Zoom, Set new Focus, Pan,…) with custom Inputs.
All Options and Functions are commented and we provide Example maps to better understand all the Orbit Camera System features.
Enhanced Orbit Camera
a new Camera Type based on the CineCamera
- dynamic AutoFocus
- define Limits for Rotation, Zoom, Dolly, … , to restrict the users Movement
- it has a Origin / Point of Interest , at which the camera rotates around and zooms to
- Origin / Point of Interest can dynamically be moved. For example by clicking on a geometry surface.
- Panning the Camera (Moving on X and Y)
Orbit Camera Manager
The camera Manager will Manage controlling a OrbitCamera and Transitioning between them
- It can Transition between Orbit Cameras (Color Fade, Blur, Position) which can combined and configured as you wish (Color, strength, Transition Time / Speed , Custom Transition Curve, …)
- Control the Active Camera (Rotation, Zoom, Dolly, Origin/PointOfInterest) by smooth interpolations
- Get all Orbit Cameras in your scene or by Name and Tags
Code Modules: Plugin Orbit Camera System (Runtime)
Number of Blueprints: 5
Number of C++ Classes: 2
Supported Target Build Platforms: all