Realistic Desert Environment, 3D Scan Based, Game Ready trees, bushes, rocks, etc. Up to 8K textures. Includes 6 fully procedural Sub-Biomes for incredible map diversity. Tweakable Master Materials, Landscape Auto Shader and Wind. Distance Mountains.
More Media: Artstation Twitter Facebook Instagram
Support: Documentation – FAQ – Discord
To get a say in future RealBiomes click here
For more information about us and our products visit RealBiomes.com
The most comprehensive and realistic Desert Environment available! Fully scan-based, game-ready assets with up to 8k textures, distance billboards, complete with various Sub-Biomes to create incredible map diversity.
Quickly paint and procedurally generate the Sub-Biomes with our intuitive “BiomePainter” workflow and bring the world alive with our scalable wind system.
Use included Blueprint tools to help you create faster.
Comes with a massive 64 square kilometer example map complete with distance meshes and various example lighting conditions.
Our goal is to provide the best possible visuals quality while still being scalable enough to run on average hardware. Comes with some of the most detailed game-ready assets available online.
All of our assets and tileables are fully 3D Scans based and include up to 8k texture resolution for incredible close-up detail.
All of our assets are fully game-ready with LODs, wind, collision, optimized view distances, and LOD ratios out of the box.
UNREAL ENGINE 5 SUPPORT
Our pack fully supports UE5. However, note that in it’s current state Lumen does not work with foliage and will look very dark and overoccluded. Nanite currently does not support vegetation nor Landscape Grass, both which we heavily utilize, so we are not using Nanite at this time.
Choose between 6 different Sub-Biomes; Rocky, Generic, Lush, Grassy, Dead, and Cactus, all ready to be generated with their own unique properties and visual identities.
Use our BiomePainter workflow to quickly paint and generate the different Sub-Biomes which allows you to create incredibly varied environments with minimal effort and time spent.
We are fully utilizing Unreal’s procedural systems to make sure that every world you create is both unique and organic feeling.
MICRO TO MACRO
From small ground scatter to massive cliffs and distance meshes, our biome packs are much more than just a simple environment, it allows you to compose vast landscapes that hold up no matter where you look.
MASSIVE 64 square kilometer EXAMPLE MAP
We ship a fully generated 64 square kilometer map example map with a LIDAR based heightmap and satellite based global/distance texture sets. This environment is complete with a detailed center area inspired by the huge sandstone formations of Monument Valley as well as having highly detailed distance meshes for the surrounding areas.
Our pack comes with 3 different lighting conditions, Sunny, Sunrise, and Overcast, complete with respective HDRIs and cloud shadows. A good baseline to help you create your own look.
Comes with 4 comprehensive master materials all containing a wide range of abilities such as multi-texture blending, PDO shadows (FakePOM), Macro/Detail maps, object to landscape blending (simple dither based), per instance color variation and much more. We also include MPC’s to control wind and leaf wetness.
SplineTool – Allows for quick repeated placement of static meshes with various features such as mesh deformation, randomization/sequencing and more.
Wind – An interactive tool that allows for quick manipulation of wind strength, direction, speed and gust size.
RB Manager (4.27+) – A basic interface that makes it easy for anyone to cycle through different lighting conditions as well as enable extended scalability settings without the need for custom CVARs. Unlock true cinematic settings with a click of a button.
- Trees: 7
- Trees Sick/Dead: 3
- Rocks: 33
- Cactus: 10
- Cliffs/Formations: 25
- Roads/Paths: 1
- Grass/Bushes: 32
- Ground Scatter: 13
- We have made the decision to drop the 1K map for this release.
- This pack comes optimized out of the box, however we have been more liberal and focused more on shipping something that looks better by default and as a result there is comparatively more headroom to optimize further if needed. Also take into account that the 64km2 map inherently runs significantly worse than a smaller map would, so if you have a low end system and performance is problematic we suggest resizing it to something smaller.
- The 64sqkm map is massive, as a result not every area has been polished.
- We use Distance Fields for lighting. This is something that might need to be enabled manually as by default it is disabled. To enable: Edit -> Project Settings -> Search: distance fields -> Check “Generate Mesh Distance Fields” tickbox -> restart engine. Without this, the lighting will not look correct!
- To be able to generate the PFS’ you need to have procedural foliage enabled in the editor preferences. To enable: Edit -> Editor Preferences -> Search: procedural -> Check “Procedural Foliage”.
We suggest getting our custom DefaultEngine.ini as this also includes additional optimizations.
Disclaimer: Showcased material not always exact representation of final product. It has been captured with Cinematic settings as well as additional CVars, enabled Distance Fields and 200% screen percentage
- Next Generation visual fidelity
- UE5 – Unreal Engine 5 compatible
- 3D Scanned assets and tileables
- Up to 8K texture resolution, all photogrammetry based
- 6 different Sub-Biomes to choose from: Generic Desert, Grassy Desert, Lush Desert, Cactus, Rocky, Dead Desert
- Intuitive BiomePainter procedural workflow -> Create a varied desert by painting and then generating via 1 click.
- Massive 64 square kilometer example map
- Optimized LODs and Billboards
- Distance meshes
- 4 comprehensive master shaders
- Cloud shadows material
- Spline Tool Blueprint
- RealBiomes Manager Blueprint for easy tweaking of Lighting Scenarios and Scalability
- Scalable wind system
- FakePOM: Detailed PDO Shadows
- Procedural Auto Slope Landscape Material
- Fully Game Ready and optimizedWe do not recommend using RealBiomes with Movie Render Queue.
Foliage heavy scenes do not work well with UE Raytracing and RealBiomes is no exception to that rule. Check our documentation on info about new UE5 features.
Number of Unique Meshes: 122
Vertex Count: 10-80000~
LODs: All meshes have 1-6 LODs
Number of Materials and Material Instances: 56
Number of Textures: 125
Texture Resolutions: 2k-8k