CONTENT UPDATE 1: ’50 UI ICONS (WORTH $1000)’ HAS BEEN RELEASED!
Check it out here.
The Targeting System is a complete solution for customized, directional targeting in UE4, and is completely networked and multiplayer ready.?
Designed from the ground up for ease of use, all of its functionality is detailed in a single, plug and play component.
It uses the AI Perception System to perceive targets, and sorts the targets onto 3 categories:
- the most ideal actor to target immediately;
- actors to the left of the targeted actor;
- and actors to the right of the targeted actor;
thus enabling you to switch targets clockwise and anti-clockwise: to the left and right.
There are several options for customization available to the user and exposed on the instance of the component for easy, quick prototyping.
**Monthly Unreal Engine Sponsored Content product for May 2020**
Check out Ibrahim Akinde’s other products here
- Multiplayer Ready;
- Use Actor Rotation/Control Rotation;
- Error Tolerance For Sorting Targets To The Left And Right;
- Use Delta Rotation Or Arc-Tan Difference Algorithms;
- Auto-Switch Targets On Perception Failure?;
- Auto-Switch Targets If “Actor To Target Is Invalid”?
- Show Widget For Lock-On?;
- Filter Perceived Actors To Specific Class?;
- Can Lock-On To Target?;
- Loop Timer For Storing Possible Targets?;
- Camera Interpolation Speed;
- Sense To Use For Perception;
- Initialize The Targeting System?;
- Delay Before Lock-On To Target?/Delay Amount;
Number of Blueprints:4
- One Main Component Named “TS” (Contains All Logic For The Targeting System)
- One Example Player Controller Blueprint Using TS and an AI Perception Component
- One Example AI Controller Blueprint Using TS and an AI Perceptio
- Example Configuration Included (Keyboard):
- Press T To Target
- Press Q To Target Left
- Press E To Target Right