The package contains a big collection of assets that will help you to create exterior winter environments. All assets are created using low polycount and can be used in every stage of a project both high-end PC and older configurations.
The 4 demo maps can be a source of inspiration when you start building your own vision for the winter environment for your project.
For huge distances, the package contains background mountain meshes that can help you to complete the aspect of the environment without performance loss.
In addition, the package contains a very useful blueprint for global parameters called “AG Global Settings”.?
Using the AG Global Settings blueprint you can modify the global parameters of Wind, Tint Color, SSS and Top Layer without changing the base material instance. This allows you to have different wind settings and different amounts?of snow for each scene. Also, you can adjust the parameters locally from the material.
UE5: Out of the box, the Landscape Tessellation is disabled. The package contains helper files if you want to add VHM for your landscape (Virtual HeightField Mesh – alternative for tessellation in UE5). For more information please follow the steps from the online documentation.
UE4: Out of the box, the Landscape Tessellation is enabled.
We plan to launch more Nature assets in the future. We created the “NaturePack_Common” folder to keep all common files in one place. This will allow us to reuse blueprints, master materials and functions for all future ?Nature Pack? packages.
In the “NaturePack_WinterEnvironment” folder, you can find the files that are only used in this pack.
The package doesn’t work with the UE5 Early Access version. Please update the engine to version 502 or newer.?
- 4 example?maps (+1 map with all assets)
- 4k Textures for Landscape, Trees, Bushes and Props
- 10 Foliage Procedural Spawner presets
- Modular workflow with functions. The material features can be easily added to any master material
- Switch parameters to disable/enable the material features
- Wind system with advanced control settings (Direction/Amplitude/Speed/Turbulence/Waves control and Mesh Flexibility)
- Global and Local parameters for Top Layer/Tint Color/SSS/Wind
- Global parameters can be different for each scene
- Landscape material with displacement support for UE4
- Landscape helper files for VHM support in UE5
- Landscape Auto slope material.
- Top Layer (snow) projected automatically based on the mesh rotation
- Low polycount for all meshes [full polycount list in the online documentation]
- LODs for all meshes
Number of Unique Meshes:
- Trees: 22 (3 types)
- Bushes: 7
- Grasses: 17 (3 types, combined in multiple groups)
- Background Mountains: 3
- Rocks: 5 (5 rocks from the Rocks Pack – Nature Pack asset)
- Props: 50 (Debris, Fences, Logs, Planks, Roots and Stumps)
- Blueprint: 1
Number of Textures/Texture Resolutions:
- Landscape: 7 (28 with all maps – Albedo/Normal/Roughness/Height) – 4k
- Trees Bark: 4 (12 with all maps – Albedo/Normal/RMA(RoughnessMetallicAO)) – 4k
- Trees Branch: 3 (9 with all maps – Albedo/Normal/RS(RoughnessSSSMask)) – 4k
- Grasses: 6 (10 with all maps – Albedo/Normal)
- Mountains: 3 (9 with all maps – Albedo/Normal/RMA(RoughnessMetallicAO)) – 4k)
- Props: 2 (6 with all maps – Albedo/Normal/RMA(RoughnessMetallicAO)) – 4k)
- Rocks: 4 (12 with all maps – Albedo/Normal/RMA(RoughnessMetallicAO)) – 4k
- Details: 2 (4 with all maps – Albedo/Normal) – 4k
- Particles: 2 (1 simple/1 flipbook) – 256/4k
- Noise & DefaultTextures: 7 (4 Default/3 Noise)- 128/1024
- Cross Meshes: 20 (40 with all maps – Albedo/SnowMask) – 1024
Number of Materials and Material Instances:
- Masters: 8 (Landscape/Particles/Grass/Props/TreeBack/TreeLeaf/TreeCross/Blueprint)
- Instances: 49 (2 Landscape/2 Particles/2 Mountains/6 Grasses/3 Props/4 Rocks/9 Trees/20 Cross Meshes/1 Blueprint)
- Functions: 23
- Collections: 4
Number of Blueprints:
- 1 Blueprint (AG Global Settings)
Vertex Count: from 8 to 3764
- Trees: from 763 to 3764 (LOD0)
- Bushes: from 167 to 1522 (LOD0)
- Rocks: from 143 to 1453 (LOD0)
- Props: from 70 to 3506 (LOD0)
- Grasses: from 8 to 600 (LOD0)
Collision: Yes (Convex Decomposition/Custom)
LODs: Yes, 3 LODs
Platforms Tested: Windows
- For more information, please check the o